Our friendly animals can come and visit your school, nursery, residential home, fair or event. We’re experienced at taking the animals out for the day, so all you have to do is enjoy having them around.
We are experts at taking our animals, both large and small, out to schools, nurseries, birthday parties, fairs, events and residential homes. We offer three main packages but we can tailor any visit to your particular requirements.
We will provide…
- A range of friendly animals
- All animal-related equipment
- Removal of all animal waste
- Thorough disinfect and removal of all animal waste
- A gazebo for shelter if necessary
- DBS checked staff and volunteers
- Appropriate risk assessment
- £5 million public liability insurance
Animals In The Classroom
We will bring up to 3 different small animals in pet carriers and one member of staff will deliver classroom sessions on chosen topics and answer questions. A great way to strengthen knowledge taught in the curriculum, by discussing topics such as classfications, adaptations & habitats, life cycles, sexual dimorphism, food production and many more using the animals as a teaching aid.
£130 for 1 hour, £40 for each additional hour.
Small Animals Out
We will bring guinea-pigs, rabbits, chickens and ducks and whenever possible chicks and ducklings. Please enquire for other small animals. Staff and volunteers will be on hand to provide a chance to meet and pet the animals. This is ideal for birthday parties, small events, school fairs and much more.
£330 for a minimum of 2 hours, £40 for each additional hour.
Large Animals Out
We will bring all animals from the Small Animals Out as well as sheep & goats and whenever possible lambs & kids. Please enquire about booking alpacas or donkeys. Staff and volunteers will be on hand to provide a chance to meet and pet the animals and answer questions. This is ideal for large events, school fairs, street parties and much more.
£550 for a minimum of 2 hours, £50 for each additional hour.
Prices are for bookings within 5 miles. £30 extra travel cost applies outside this radius
All we need from you is…
- Hand-washing facilities adjacent to our pitch (mobile sinks can be provided for an additional cost of £50)
- A water supply (outside tap nearby or hose)
- Adults and/or teachers to supervise children and manage behaviour
- Confirmation of no other livestock present
We do not charge for the time spent setting up, clearing away or travelling so that the time you pay for is direct animal contact time! We can tailor any visit to meet your group’s needs.
Whatever event you’re running, Vauxhall City Farm can be a great addition. We offer more than just a petting zoo, we can provide a tailored experience focusing on education for all ages.
Each event is unique so please contact us to discuss your requirements but here are just some of the things we can offer in the Vauxhall City Farm Learning Zone.
- Hatching Live – A unique and unforgettable opportunity for visitors to watch chicks and ducklings hatching and taking their first steps.
- Meet & feed the animals – Families love feeding our alpacas, goats and sheep. Visitors can also get close up and hands-on with their favourite animal in friendly, informal talks running at regular intervals throughout the day. Trained staff and volunteers will introduce visitors to our chickens, goats, sheep and more.
- The poultry palace and small animal kingdom – Get to know our friendly chickens, ducks, turkeys, geese (including some spectacular rare breeds where possible) and our cuddly rabbits, guinea pigs, rats and ferrets. Staff and volunteers are on hand to answer questions and help visitors interact with the animals.
- Family challenges – Families work together to complete a series of creative games, crafts and activities around the theme of animal care, collecting stamps and receiving a beautiful rosette to award their achievement.
- Milk Magic – Children can have a go at milking Bryony, our life-sized model milking cow, discovering how dairy products are made and how they can contribute to a healthy diet.
- Crafts – Face painting, colouring tables, story book corners, animal photo-ops and a range of other activities and crafts for visitors to have a go.
- Signage – Animal information and health and safety information.
- Volunteers and DBS checked staff.
- Appropriate risk assessments.
- £5 million public liability insurance.
Please note that the farm is now closed until the 17th January 2017. We wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year fr… … Read More
Our horses will be away on their winter holiday from the 19th December until the 17th January when lessons will resume. … Read More
We will be holding our Annual General Meeting at 10:30 on 23rd July 2016 … Read More
Please be aware that the farm will be closed 15th July - 18th July, as we are attending the Lambeth Country Show. Please c… … Read More
We are starting to plan for this year's Lambeth Country Show (16th & 17th July) and as every year we are looking for voluntee… … Read More
Come and join us in celebrating the opening of our new Education Centre and The Old Dairy Cafe! 28th May-5th June we'll be ru… … Read More
The horses are going off on their Spring Break 11th -20th April. Riding lessons will resume on FRIDAY 22ND APRIL. The… … Read More
We will be hosting the Blind Children UK Easter fun day on the 5th of April. The farm will be closed to the public all day… … Read More
Vauxhall City Farm is thrilled to announce that our long term friends at West London Security have agreed to sponsor the farm… … Read More
Due to popular demand the run of the show has been extended and it will be put on for an extra 9 nights in the last two weeks… … Read More
People left with a little more understanding of the challenges vision impaired people face every day and an appreciation of t… … Read More
Sheep Dream Team 2015 … Read More
Lambeth Country Show = Cuddle corner + Volunteers + Happy visitors … Read More
At the invitation of Lambeth Council, Vauxhall City Farm and Vauxhall One have expressed interest in taking over the manageme… … Read More
Win a family ticket to The Velveteen Rabbit at the Unicorn Theatre! … Read More